Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Dogs will be Dogs!

I recently completed a new watercolor home portrait through my ETSY shop and shipped it out to it's new owner. In just a week or so, I received this message from the customer:
Carole,
I have some unbelievable news. We received the beautiful painting. I left it on our dining table to show my husband before I framed it. Our crazy dogs (Blue Lacys) decided to act up and literally devour the painting. Enraged would be an understatement. After a week of getting over it slowly, my husband and I decided we want to commission you to paint us another, but with some laughter we want to have you include the two (insane) dogs in the painting. I'll send a photo so you can include them. 
I'm so sorry!!      Kim
Being a dog lover myself, I completely understood:
OMG Kim! I'm so sorry! But obviously, they were upset they were not in the first painting. I'm a dog lover, so I get it! I will be happy to add them in a new painting.   Carole

So, here they are...
Emmy Lou and June Carter
...the guilty doggies!  How could anyone be mad at these faces! 



    And here is the painting process!...     
   I hope Emmy Lou and June Carter love it!



Thank you to the Donner family for letting me paint their beautiful home and their loving dogs!

Hope to see all of you back next Wednesday,
Carole                    



1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! how funny!! I'm always blown away by your paintings ~ so so beautiful and such a fun story to go along with this one!!

    ReplyDelete