Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A Gift for the Closing!


I have worked with a wonderful real estate agent in Austin, Texas on several home paintings.  
This is one of the latest.  Today I've posted a few of the painting steps for this project.

After completing a detailed drawing, I masked the edges and began with the blue sky.

Completing a light wash of all the surrounding landscaping, I dropped in some shading.

A light wash on the house and steps gave me a starting point for all the values of the painting.

                  I continued to add layer upon layer, bringing out the details and enriching the values.

After many more layers, and many more hours, I pronounced the painting complete!

I loved how the purchaser personalized the gift for the client...
with a wonderful frame and charming bow!
I hope her client loved it and will enjoy it for many years to come!


Thank You, Katie!



Join me on Wednesdays for another 

Watercolor Walk Through!   

Thanks, Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment