Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Sketch Book - Dogwood

If you love gardening, you know the flowering Dogwood is one of the first trees to turn red in the Fall.  But before the leaves turn, we get to enjoy the brilliance of the lovely red berries. 


That's where I found my sketchbook focus!


I just had fun with it by letting the autumn colors mix on the page, and splattering some pure color.

I like to add a little poetry or a thought for the day on my pages. To me, it just makes them more meaningful.  After all, it is a diary!  So, here's the hidden page I promised last Wednesday!


This is a great article about the autumn Dogwood tree. I learned a lot about why the berries are red, and the different species out there. Take a quick read and beef up your botanical wisdom in "Falling for Dogwoods".         



Happy Horticulture and keep those sketchbooks busy!
Carole


No comments:

Post a Comment