Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sketch Book - October Leaves!

Do you have a sketchbook? For such a long time, my artist friends had them and I didn't. They advised me to start sketching daily. Now that I have gotten into the sketchbook habit...I love it!


The best part about it is that you are recording your day, as well as improving your art skills. The sketchbook is just for you. Mistakes don't matter. It's not something you're working on to frame. It's like a diary, and there are no rules when it comes to a diary!








As I was sketching these leaves, I had an idea. Using an exacto blade, I cut out a leaf shape on the right page. Then, I completed my drawing the next day on the next page. I loved how it united the two days and was a fun little surprise.






Here's what it looks like...
and the surprise won't be revealed until next Wednesday!

Go ahead and start the sketchbook habit. You can purchase one at any store that carries art supplies. Take it with you on trips. What a great way to preserve your memories. I'm a believer!

Happy sketching!

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment